General Motors Dealer Service Technician Certificate Program
Camden County College, General Motors Corporation and General Motors dealerships jointly sponsor this selective admission certificate program. It is designed specifically for automotive technicians mutually selected for the program by Camden County College and area General Motors dealerships.
Certificate Program Goals
• To provide students with the ability to be successful and
productive employees of General Motors dealerships by having
completed and passed one, nine-week practicum at a General
• To instill in the students a willingness to exercise safe working
• To develop the students’ ability to integrate social and decision-making skills and good work habits into the everyday work
environment of automotive service and repair.
• To insure students possess the ability to successfully complete
update-training seminars, workshops, manufacturer’s courses
and College classes in automotive technology.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
1. Work safely in a GM repair facility.
2. Integrate social and decision making skills with standard
professional work habits.
3. Explain basic principles of automotive technology as it applies
to General Motors manufactured automobiles.
4. Diagnose and repair General Motors automobiles.
Special Admissions Requirements
• Applicants must complete the required application form, submit
official high school records and college transcripts and, if
applicable, arrange to take the College Placement Test.
• After applying for admission, students will receive test
information from the ASEP coordinator.
• Applicants must bring an abstract of their driving record from the NJDMV.
• After being accepted by the College, students must be sponsored
by a General Motors dealer before beginning the program.
• Students must purchase or possess a basic tool set before
beginning their first college practicum at the sponsoring
dealerships. (The College provides a list of the required tools.)
• Students must be able to pass drug and background checks.
The Automotive Technology program at CCC is fully certified as a
master training program by the National Institute for Automotive
• The GM sponsor provides a uniform, an hourly wage and
a workplace where students obtain on-the-job training.
• ASEP graduates experience a very high job placement rate with
their sponsoring dealerships.
(856) 227-7200, ext. 4382
GM Certificate - 9 months
Degree: Certificate of Achievement
College Code: GMT.CA
CCC Website for GMT.CA
Cr. First Semester
3 AUT-101 Automotive Fundamentals
3 AUT-111 Automotive Brake Systems
4 AUT-141 Automotive Electrical/Electronic Principles
Cr. Second Semester
3 AUT-181 Automotive Practicum I
3 AUT-131 Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning
4 AUT-121 Automotive Steering & Suspension
20 Total Minimum Credits