This open enrollment curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers as service technicians in the automotive industry.
• To provide students with quality state of the art education in the latest automotive technologies that are incorporating increasingly sophisticated computer-controlled and electronic systems.
• To provide students with safety education in the workplace by passing several safety evaluations in the automotive program.
• To prepare students to qualify for entry-level employment as a “C” class technician.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
1. Work safely in an automobile repair facility.
2. Perform basic techniques involved in diagnosis and repair of automobiles.
3. Explain basic principles of automotive technology.
Applicants must complete the required application form, submit official high school records and college transcripts and arrange to take the College Placement Test. Students should have good mechanical skills. Toward the end of the program, a 360-hour capstone practicum is required.
The Automotive Technology program at Camden County College is fully certified as a master training program by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
• The program prepares students to work at all automotive service facilities, whether independent service organizations or new car dealerships.
• Students who complete this program experience a very high job placement rate in the automotive industry as an:
• Automotive technician
• Automotive service writer
• Automotive parts counter specialist
(856) 227-7200, ext. 4382
Automotive Technology (Apprentice)
Degree: Associate in Applied Science
College Code: AUT.AAS
CCC Website for AUT.AAS
Cr. First Year / First Semester